Devin Miller: How to Use Patents and Trademarks to Protect Your Business
In this show you’ll hear how you can use patents and trademarks to protect your business. Discover what patents and trademarks are, how they work, how to get them, and how to use them wisely to protect your most valuable business assets.
About Our Guest Devin Miller:
Devin Miller loves startups! He established his own first startup while earning his Law & MBA degrees. Since then, he’s set up several more startups and enjoyed every minute of it. Devin has a real passion for a new business model.
Devin’s an entrepreneur who is also a patent and trademark attorney. He’s obtained several degrees including a Law degree (JD) and a Masters in Business Administration. He even have degrees in Electrical Engineering and Mandarin Chinese. While working for a large law firm helping Fortune 100 clients like Amazon.com, Intel, Redhat, and Ford with their intellectual property, he quickly realized that there weren’t many good intellectual property legal resources out there for start-ups and small businesses. As an entrepreneur himself, Devin wanted to help other small business owners learn about patents, trademarks, and copyrights so they can build value into their businesses and protect their assets.
In addition to founding and running his own patent and trademark law firm, Miller IP Law, Devin is the co-founder of several startups including a multi-million dollar startup for wearable glucose monitoring. He also runs a product development company that helps startups and small businesses with developing their ideas and products.
During this show we discuss:
● The essential things an entrepreneur should focus on when branding their startup business
● The first step every startup must take to protect their brand and business
● The difference between a patent and trademark
● When to get a patent for your business
● How to enforce a patent as a small business or startup
● Deciding whether to invest in patent or not
● What you do to protect your business incase of an intellectual property rights violation
● 5 Intellectual property pitfalls startup can easily avoid
● What happens when the IP laws clash with antitrust laws
● 3 factors to consider when creating an IP strategy for your startup
● How to protect your IP globally
● 3 important things you need to know about trademarking your business
● 3 misconceptions about trademarking a business
● Things you need to do carefully when filing for copyright
● Three things you can do to build value and safeguard your asset
HEAR WHAT OUR CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY
Credit Coach & Business Funding LLC
Oklahoma City, OK
So I started doing Credit Repair, actually started doing mortgages first, and what I really did not like …
Firm Credit Solutions
Hello, I’m Steve Granados and I just wanted to thank the Business Finance Suite for helping me out with m …
Credit and Debt Consulting
Hi I am Doug Mitchell, I am from Michigan. I came down for the conference. Because I have a huge interest …
“One of the biggest surprises was when we got the Apple approval for twelve-thousand-five-hundred. The gu …